How do I make this work? I use an old Windows 2K workstation sitting in the corner of my office. It runs batch files scheduled for various times a day. These batch files use cURL to access some ASP code on my web server to post information to Twitter.
- NOAA Experimental XML Feeds and Web Displays of Watches, Warnings, and Advisories
- NOAA Oklahoma CAP XML File
- NOAA County-Public Forecast Zones Correlation File (filter on cap:geocode)
- NOAA Products List File (filter on cap:events)
- Common Alertings Protocol (CAP) is an non-proprietary standard data format for the interchange of hazard warning and reports.
- Posting for each node in cap:info:
- cap:area/cap:geocode (area number see forecast zones correlation file)
- cap:area/cap:areaDesc (county name)
- cap:event (see NOAA products list)
- cap:web (link to full text of alert)
- cap:effective (alert starts date/time)
- cap:expires (alert ends date/time)
- Twitter API
- cURL (command line tool)
- Filtering for counties: Beckham, Custer, Washita, and Roger Mills
- Filtering for events: Tornado Warning, Severe Thunderstorm Warning, Flash Flood Warning, Blizzard Warning, Storm Warning, High Wind Warning, Dust Storm Warning, Ice Storm Warning, and Child Abduction Emergency. I might add Tornado and Thunderstorm Watches later.