Mom's Mexican Casserole or That Stuff with Fritos™ Mom Use to Make
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 1 7 oz. can of diced green chilies
- 2 Lbs lean ground beef
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 2 cans of cheddar cheese soup
- 2 cans of cream of chicken soup
- 2 large cans of evaporated milk
- 1 medium bag of shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 medium bag of corn chips
- 12 uncooked corn tortillas (tear each one in six pieces)
Mix onion, chilies and ground beef in a large pan, brown. (Drain if you need too.)
Add to ground beef mixture, cheese soup, chicken soup and milk. Bring all ingredients to a boil.
Coat 2 11 x 13 pans with cooking oil (keep the filling from sticking) (remember you are making 2 pans so divide all ingredients equal) Layer ingredients starting with ground beef mixtures, tortillas, corn chips, and cheese. Do the 2nd layer. 3rd layer will only have ground beef mixture and top with cheese.
Since the ingredients are already cooked all you need to do is put the pans in a 350 Degree oven and heat for 30 minutes. (Be careful not to burn the cheese topping).